SPCM respects your privacy. When using our sites, you may get
information, access online products and services, communicate with us or
link to other Web sites with which we do business. While doing that, you
may give us information so that we can provide enhanced products or
services to you and to personalize your experience on our website. This
Identifying Information that you share with us. "Individual Identifying
Information" is information that enables us to identify you, such as your
email address, name, title and mailing address.
This policy governs Web-sites owned and operated by SPCM. Our
policy does not govern Web-sites of other parties to which we may provide
links, because SPCM is not responsible, and can not control the
privacy practices or content of those sites. To demonstrate our commitment
to fair information practices, we have adopted leading communication
industry privacy guidelines.
We want to give you the comfort and confidence you need to fully
participate in our online offerings so that we can better serve your needs.
Therefore, here are the principles governing our information practices and
other privacy aspects of our Web sites:
* Information Collection and Use
* Information Sharing and Disclosure
* SPCM Customer Account Maintenance & Service Profile
* SPCM Prospect Opt Out Profile
* Questions or Suggestions
* IP Information Collection and Use Practices
* Data Storage
* Contact Us
Information Collection and Use
* SPCM collects Individual Identifying Information when you
register for a SPCM account, or use certain SPCM products
or services, when you visit SPCM pages, and when you enter
promotions or sweepstakes. SPCM may also receive Individual
Identifying Information from our business partners.
* When you register with SPCM, we ask for your name, email
address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal
interests, or other information. Once you register with SPCM and
sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
* SPCM also automatically receives and records information on
our server logs from your browser including your IP address , SPCM
cookie information and the page you requested.
* SPCM uses information for three general purposes: to
customize the advertising and content you see, to fulfill your requests for
certain products and services, and to contact you about specials and new
* SPCM routinely time-stamps and logs events when you use our service. This data is used for
accounting/billing purposes as well as for performance tuning and
optimization of the SPCM services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
* SPCM will not sell or rent your Individual Identifying
Information to anyone.
* SPCM will send Individual Identifying Information about you
to other companies or people when:
o We have your consent to share the information;
o We need to share your information to provide the product or
service you have requested;
o We need to send the information to companies who work on
behalf of SPCM to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we
tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the
Individual Identifying Information we provide to them beyond what is
necessary to assist us.);
o We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
o We find that your actions on our Web sites violate the SPCM Terms of Service , or any of our usage guidelines for specific
products or services.
SPCM Customer Account Maintenance & Service Profile
You have the ability to edit your SPCM Account Information,
including subscriptions for non-account specific email and general
promotions, at any time. To request account maintenance, contact SPCM Customer Services at vr-support@HostVirtual.com
SPCM Prospect Opt Out Profile
SPCM gives you the ability to edit your prospect profile and
preferences at any time, including whether you want SPCM to contact
you about special offers and new products. If you would prefer not to
receive messages from SPCM in the future, or if you just want to
update your profile, please indicate your preferences through the following
link. SPCM respects your privacy and will not sell or rent your
* Your SPCM Account Information is password-protected for your
privacy and security.
* In certain areas SPCM uses industry-standard SSL-encryption
to protect data transmissions.
* In other areas SPCM uses proprietary security methods to
protect data transmissions.
If we change any of our privacy policies or practices, we'll post those
changes to this policy statement at least 30 days before they take effect.
In limited cases, we may be required to disclose certain information to
comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions complete a feedback form on our
contact us page.
IP Information Collection and Use Practices
* SPCM receives IP addresses from all users because this
information is automatically reported by your browser each time you view a
* Your IP address is also stored in our user registration databases
when you register with SPCM.
* When a SPCM Web page is requested and viewed, that request
is logged on our servers with information including the IP address of the
computer that requested the page.
* IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including to:
o Diagnose service or technology problems reported by our users
or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a
specific Web company or ISP.
o Send the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area
or information derived from your IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly
associated with Internet service providers, universities, or major
corporations in specific regions or localities. Aggregate information
derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
o Estimate the total number of users visiting SPCM from
specific countries or regions of the world.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous
unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a Web site's
computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Each Web site can send
its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but
(to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a Web site to access
the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by
Choices about Cookies
* You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all
cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so
check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie
* If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use SPCM
products or services that require you to "sign in," and you may not be
able to take full advantage of all offerings. However, many SPCM
products and services do not require that you accept cookies.
SPCM's Practices Regarding Cookies
SPCM uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
* Access your information when you "sign in," so that we can provide
you with customized content.
* Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using SPCM's services.
* Display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your
interests and activity on SPCM.
* Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
* Conduct research to improve SPCM's content and services.
* Require you to re-enter your SPCM password after a certain
period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally
accessing your account contents.
* When you register with SPCM or submit information to SPCM, a temporary copy of that information is routinely made to prevent
accidental loss of your information through a computer malfunction or human
* SPCM keeps your account information active in our user
registration databases in order to provide immediate access to your
personalization preferences each time you visit SPCM.
* If you ask SPCM to delete your SPCM account, in most
cases your account will be deactivated and then deleted from our user
registration database in approximately 90 days. This delay is necessary to
discourage users from engaging in fraudulent activity.
* Please note that any information that we have copied may remain in
back-up storage for some period of time after your deletion request. This
may be the case even though no information about your account remains in
our active user databases.
* The SPCM computers (called "servers") that send your Web
pages and advertising banners process and store an enormous amount of
information every day. These computer records are called "log files."
* Log files are used for analysis, research, auditing, and other
purposes, as described above. After this information has been used, it is
stored and is inaccessible. Until the information is stored, your SPCM ID may remain in our active server log files.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of
this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact us.